JamBallah NW: A Bellydance and Fusion Festival
Join us, every second weekend of August in beautiful Portland, Oregon
Why Choose JamBallah NW?
- ONE address! All workshops, vending, and shows are at the gorgeous Artist's Repertory Theatre building, in the heart of downtown Portland, Oregon.
- Small classes: movement classes are capped at 23-40 participants. No 70-person classes here!
- Inclusivity: The first goal of JamBallah NW is inclusivity, on every level. We work hard to make the festival a place where YOU feel comfortable and welcome just as you are. Please see below for our complete mission statement.
- Something for everyone! Cabaret, Folkloric, ATS/Tribal, and Theatrical/Fusion are all represented each year! Try something new, or dig deeper into your style of choice. Our lectures and movement workshops are designed to be accessible for all levels.
- Advanced-level 3hr classes offer a chance for those wanting a challenge to push yourself to the limit!
- Our extensive vendor faire showcases a splendid array of artisan goodies. Support small businesses, and look fabulous doing it!
- Shows, parties, and world-class entertainment are happening all weekend long! Check out the Showcases page for a list of all the preparties, henna adornment opportunities, and afterparties.
- Classes and instructors are hand-picked to offer the most exciting, enlightening variation from all styles- folkloric to classical to fusion.
August 11-13th 2017!
(2nd weekend of August annually- Portland, OR)
The JamBallah NW mission is to celebrate all facets and faces of the bellydance community, together in a chic, inclusive atmosphere. We believe in supporting experimentation on the edges of fusion, while maintaining a strong respect and connection to the stylistic and cultural roots of belly dance (and everything in between.) We believe in promoting education, discussion, and diversity to strengthen our worldwide community.
We want YOU to feel welcomed and supported! Feel free to email info at jamballahnw.com or use the anonymous 'contact us' form on the site at any time to let us know how we can do this better.
JamBallah NW debuted in August 2011, and has been showcasing the substantial talent of the Pacific Northwest as well as bringing in master instructors from across the United States and beyond. From glittering pros to dance-curious explorers, JamBallah NW is a place to share and refine techniques, make new friends, try something new, and gain inspiration.
Gypsy Fire BellyDance at JBNW'13, photo by Casey Campbell
Attendees, Please Note--Your Photograph May Be Taken At The JamBallah Northwest Festival.
To assist in future promotion, we will have professional photographers working throughout the event, at the workshops, shows, and other festival-specific gatherings. Photographs of festival participants and their guests will be taken and posted on the JamBallah Northwest website, and/or the JamBallah Northwest Facebook page. There is a possibility that your photograph may be taken and so used. We believe that this will enhance the overall experience of festivalgoers, and allow us to properly convey the atmosphere and awesomeness of the festival to the rest of the bellydance community! By attending the JamBallah Northwest festival, both workshops and events, you give your consent to the posting of such photographs by us and waive all rights and claims with respect to the posting of such photographs.
We do recognize an individual's rights to control how their image is portrayed. If you ever object to a specific photo and want it removed, please email email@example.com. Be sure to reference the specific photo and include the URL of the page the photo appears on.