Why Choose JamBallah NW?
- ONE address! All workshops, vending, and shows are at the gorgeous Artist's Repertory Theatre building, in the heart of downtown Portland.
- Small classes: movement classes are capped at 23-40 participants. No 70-person classes here!
- Little extras: Adorn and Relax at the Relaxation Station, and keep an eye out for free snacks and perks laid out around the venue.
- Something for everyone! Cabaret, Folkloric, ATS/Tribal, and Theatrical/Fusion are all represented each year! Try something new, or dig deeper into your style of choice. Our lectures and movement workshops are designed to be accessible for all levels.
- Advanced-level 3hr classes offer a chance for those wanting a challenge to push yourself to the limit!
- Our extensive vendor faire showcases a splendid array of artisan goodies. Support small businesses, and look fabulous doing it!
- Shows, parties, and world-class entertainment are happening all weekend long! Check out the Showcases page for a list of all the preparties, henna adornment opportunities, and afterparties.
- Classes and instructors are hand-picked to offer the most exciting, enlightening variation from all styles- folkloric to classical to fusion.
August 12-14th 2016!
(2nd weekend of August annually)
The JamBallah NW mission is to celebrate all facets of the bellydance community, together in a chic, inclusive atmosphere. Share the love, join the fun! We work hard to create an atmosphere of celebration and community, showcasing the substantial talent of the Pacific Northwest as well as bringing in master instructors from across the globe. JamBallah NW debuted in August 2011, as a way to celebrate and build the wonderful bellydance community in Portland and the surrounding area. From glittering pros to dance-curious explorers, JamBallah NW is a place to share and refine techniques, make new friends, try something new, and gain inspiration.
Gypsy Fire BellyDance at JBNW'13, photo by Casey Campbell
Attendees, Please Note--Your Photograph May Be Taken At The JamBallah Northwest Festival.
To assist in future promotion, we will have professional photographers working throughout the event, at the workshops, shows, and other festival-specific gatherings. Photographs of festival participants and their guests will be taken and posted on the JamBallah Northwest website, and/or the JamBallah Northwest Facebook page. There is a possibility that your photograph may be taken and so used. We believe that this will enhance the overall experience of festivalgoers, and allow us to properly convey the atmosphere and awesomeness of the festival to the rest of the bellydance community! By attending the JamBallah Northwest festival, both workshops and events, you give your consent to the posting of such photographs by us and waive all rights and claims with respect to the posting of such photographs.
We do recognize an individual's rights to control how their image is portrayed. If you ever object to a specific photo and want it removed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to reference the specific photo and include the URL of the page the photo appears on.